Me Paul Dupéré began his practice in 1985 within the labour law group of the Société de transport de la Ville de Montréal’s legal department. In 1991, he pursued his career in labour law in large private firms, including Desjardins Ducharme and Guy & Gilbert. He is one of the founding partners of DHC Avocats.
Me Dupéré pleads before the various administrative tribunals.
He is engaged in the training of management and employees in matters relating to labour relations, including more particularly in the implementation of policies relating to alcohol and drugs in the workplace, prevention of harassment and discrimination in the workplace and the management of employment injuries.
Presentations and conferences
- Accredited to provide training by the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail (Government of Quebec).
- Guest speaker:
- The application of the Access to Information Act in public organizations, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2002.
- Alcohol and drugs in the workplace, Université de Montréal, May 13, 2003 for the “Certificate in Addiction”.
- Strategies for the prevention and management of harassment, Université de Montréal, “Certificate in Addiction”, December 5, 2004.
- The prevention and management of alcohol and drug problems in the workplace, CCH, Montréal, 2006.
- The internal management of psychological harassment complaints, CCH, Montréal May 27, 2008 / Québec May 30, 2008.
- Prevention and management of harassment and discrimination in the workplace, COMAQ, October 28, 2008.
- Requesting an expert opinion: How to proceed?, CCH, Montréal May 21, 2009 / Québec May 22, 2009.
- Mental Health and Employment, CCH, May 6, 2010.
- Managing performance and productivity in the workplace, DHC, November 4, 2010.
- Access to the medical file, CCH, Montréal, March 11, 2011.
- Labour law and the municipal context: analysis of jurisprudence and the principal issues, CCH, Québec October 2, 2014 / Montréal October 16, 2014.
- Secretary and board member for the Centre Jean Lapointe pour adolescent(e)s for many years.
- Attorney responsable for the Forum mondial sur les drogues et les dépendances, 2002.
- Director for the Centre Le Grand Chemin, a center specialized in adolescents, addiction and gambling since 2006.
- Pro Bono attorney for Le Refuge and the Centre de réhabilitation Bonsecours since 2008.
- Pro Bono attorney for citizens not eligible for legal aid who are referred by various organizations regarding claims before the CSST, the RRQ and the SAAQ.